To those who have been following this project, I apologize for taking so long to add more photos of the progress. I have been busy with customer (paying) work and have had little time to work on this eagle. When I had some spare time, or when I was in need of a change I did a little carving but failed to take many photos. So here are the photos I did manage to take. Feathering can be very time consuming depending on the level of detail you go for. The original eagle had very little detail. I wanted a different look so I carved lots of feathers. I’ve managed to finish rouging out the feathers on the front of the eagle and have just started adding quills and vanes. I’m back to customer work so it will be a while before I can post any more photos.
Before I begin carving quills and vanes I will feather the back side.